The Customer Experience Representative Intermediate provides sales, basic technical support, account management service and general customer experience support to customers. Using the phone, e-mail, live events, and social media, they are prepared to handle any unique request. As the all-around, front line resource for ICLE customers, the Customer Experience Representative Intermediate demonstrates and trains customers on web-based products, cross sells and upsells products, handles inbound customer calls, makes cold calls, and tracks orders, feedback, issues, and sales results in a complex database system. This position requires highly proficient problem-solvers who can listen to the needs of our customers, engage and build on our relationships, think on their feet and provide the optimal customer experience for ICLE clients.
40% Provide basic support for electronic products, sales, and account management, via phone, e-mail, in-person contact, events, and social media outlets.
Assist customers by providing support for how to use ICLE’s website and web-based products which may be used on a desktop computer, MP3 player, e-reader, smart phone, or netbook. Includes investigating and resolving issues.
Respond to a high-volume of incoming customer inquiries over the phone, in writing – through e-mail and various social media channels, and in-person. Includes providing product and policy information and significant multi-tasking.
Complete routine account management tasks including running and providing standard customer reports, resetting passwords, updating customer account information, assessing usage, and answering routine questions.
Take and enter orders and payment into database. Cross- and up-sell products. Understand and be able to accurately explain appropriate deals and related policies and enter those deals accurately. May include tasks like package tracking, creating invoices and quotes, and generally explaining the benefits of products, what they are, how they work.
Routinely solicit customer feedback regarding their preferences, questions, technical challenges, complaints, and other questions as provided.
Train customers on how to use ICLE’s website, web-based products, and basic web-based technology. Includes multiple forms of communicating instructions.
35% Make outbound cold calls for renewal and sales or to provide information or to gather customer information.
Assist in achieving Institute targets for product sales by making outbound sales calls as assigned.
Working with promotions manager and others, recommend sales approaches and deals to best achieve sales goals especially at events.
Routinely make outbound cold calls regarding product renewals and product satisfaction.
Make outbound calls regarding notifications or problems with a product or to gather customer demographic information.
10% Provide training and demonstration of ICLE’s products in order to support existing customers and make new sales via phone, electronic outlets, and in-person.
Attend ICLE events and other venues as assigned to provide onsite demonstrations of ICLE products. Can involve overnight travel, early morning, and evening appointments. Can involve presentations in front of a live audience.
10% Complete routine reports on results from templates for various activities including sales results, events, outbound calls, renewals, customer feedback, contact tracking and others as assigned.
Participate in department processes as assigned related to renewals, sales, law school clinics, and other special account management. Includes multiple forms of communication with customers and ICLE internal staff.
Track and report on results related to renewals, sales, outbound calls, special Institute initiatives and other tasks as assigned. Input into Excel spreadsheets, databases, and ICLE’s intranet
5% Other Duties as Assigned
Grant MCLE credits in iMIS for seminar attendees once the sign-in, sign-out sheets are reconciled.
Participate in weekly staff training sessions.
Keep up with technology, software, and web-based trends by participating in ICLE training and completing assigned training modules.
Serve in back up capacity to provide coverage for the front desk.
Serve on ICLE teams.
Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action and Safety Programs.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of phone experience including technical and customer support, sales, and cold calling.
- Proven ability to work courteously with the public.
- Proven ability meeting sales targets.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately (Excellent communication skills).
- Proficiency in inputting data accurately and efficiently.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Proven ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to a non-technical audience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers and both Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Proficiency with MP3 players, e-readers, smart phones and tablets, shopping and researching on the web, and common social media sites.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge and policies about ICLE products and services.
- Ability to use a complex phone system.
- Experience with an online accounting system.
- Familiarity with the law or paralegal experience a plus.
- Familiarity with html.
- Presentation skills and past experience attending trade shows and demonstrating to the public.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.