How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interests in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Patient Relations & Clinical Risk is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant Intermediate Healthcare. This position will support multiple staff members. The Administrative Assistant must exercise considerable discretion in matters of a highly sensitive or confidential nature and possess highly developed organizational and communication skills, along with a commitment to Michigan Medicine core values, including service excellence. This position is part of a Call Center telephone triage area.
- Provide back up and cross coverage for other Administrative Assistants.
- Provide assistance to dept. leads with PRCR Rounds and Grievance Letters.
- Initiate, compose, and edit correspondence regarding matters of a sensitive or confidential nature meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Maintain electronic calendars and initiate, coordinate, and schedule meetings.
- Telephone triage and reception of internal and external visitors with our Core Functions Team and Patient Relations Coordinators. Effective response and follow-up of inquiries made by customers applying a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Provide accurate documentation, data entry, updates, and queries of a highly confidential nature in data systems including Microsoft Access and Radical Logic.
- Completion of regular data reports.
- Project work.
- Additional clerical administrative duties as assigned.
Required Educational Qualifications:
BS/BA Degree. Must be extremely strong in English language both written and spoken.
Required Department Qualifications:
Two or more years of progressively responsible office or paralegal experience. Call Center experience welcomed. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills required along with excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a team environment. Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve issues without direct supervision. Willingness to perform a wide range of tasks. Must have flexible scheduling with occasional weekend and after hours work as necessary. Considerable skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Visio, and PowerPoint) in a PC environment. Experience in Radical Logic a plus. Experience using database programs a plus. Good attendance history required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.