Ensure efficient patient flow in examination, consultation and treatment rooms. Prepare patient rooms for visit/procedures by setting up all instruments/supplies; clean examination rooms between patients. Chaperone provider as needed. Assist with diagnostic procedures and treatments. Provide information to patients as directed. Provide clinical assistance by taking vital signs, drawing blood, preparing specimens and assisting patients. Operate and monitor patient care equipment; set up instruments/supplies in exam and treatment rooms. Assist with patient lab result collection and disbursement. Perform some or all clerical duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skill demonstrated by current position.
- Involvement of process improvement as described in current position.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in commitment and compliance to the UMHS policies and procedures.
- Strong accountability and follow through with clinic judgment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program OR combination of education and 0-1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Oncology experience
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant
- Experience working within a large, complex, healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic health record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Monday thru Friday day shift; 40 hours a week; 8:30-5 PM.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.