Call Center Representative Associate serving the Rheumatology Division.
Responsible for scheduling patient appointments using MiChart/Cadence. Working with various groups on template edit changes for doctor’s schedules. Reschedule patients per doctor’s request due to clinic closings/openings. Create messages for appropriate nurse teams for patient needs outside of the clinic visit; prescription refills, test results, prior authorization.
Basic clerical tasks that require proper telephone technique, basic (45-50WPM) typing, computer and data entry skills. Ensure completeness of patient appointment including the referring and/or Primary Care Physician information, type of visit, reason for visit, verifies patient demographics, insurance and other pertinent information. Schedules return visit appointments in MiChart/Cadence. Work directly with physicians and nurses regarding patient concerns, issues and questions. Assist with phone calls and creating messages for appropriate nurse teams for patient needs outside of the clinic visit; prescription refills, test results. Gather and verify caller demographics, insurance and other pertinent information. Obtain managed care referrals and/or authorizations. Maintains and tabulates appointment data as needed. Notify patients of appointment changes. Perform unit resource closer duties and/or create a monthly room closing list. Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence for mailing. Reschedule appointments in MiChart/Cadence and document. Use the Internal Medicine Call Center website to obtain information.
- Consistently type with accuracy 40-45 WPM. Will be tested.
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- Overtime may be required, with appropriate notice.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pass a customer service quiz and typing skill assessment
- Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential
Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Days: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (hours may vary)
North Ingalls Building, Ann Arbor.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.