Assist in the delivery of nursing care to Hepatology/Pre-Liver transplant patients. Through the scope of licensure and delegation of the registered nurse these duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to Avitrack lab monitoring program by working collectively with supporting team.
- Provide routine patient instruction regarding lab and diagnostic testing and results.
- Instruct on aspects of the Transplant evaluation and listing information.
- Instruct patients and families according to a teaching plan established by a Registered Nurse or MD.
- Obtain prior authorizations for patient medications and initiate the medication refill requests.
- Assist with MI-chart workload as designated by MD/Registered.
- Assist in scheduling appointments as needed.
- Support with FMLA forms, Disability forms, and other medical documents.
- Complete routine patient phone calls and assist with triaging patient calls.
- Assist in clinic activities as needed.
- Participate in unit staff meetings for problem-solving, planning and improvements in patient care.
- Assist in quality assurance activities.
These responsibilities are not all encompassing and further duties may apply with-in the scope of an LPN.
NOTE: This position is directly responsible to the Transplant/Hepatology nurse manager with functional reporting to the Registered Nurses within the Pre Liver Hepatology Program.
This job opening # 149973 replaces job # 148525.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Current licensure as LPN in State of Michigan.
Successful completion of a pharmacology course in an accredited program is necessary.
Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
Must be proficient in computer and keyboarding skills.
Excellent customer service skills as evidenced by reference and/or performance evaluation.
Must have at least 2 years of clinical experience as an LPN within the last 5 years.
- Previous experience in Tele-management clinic and triaging.
- Previous experience in ambulatory care.
- Previous experience with Gastroenterology or hepatology patient population.
- Experience with obtaining prior authorizations from insurance companies.
- Experience with completing medical forms
- Experience with filling prior authorizations
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of MiChart, Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Demonstrated accountability/dependability as evidenced, for example, by a stellar attendance record; by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame; by meeting deadlines and completing required work.
Shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.