Provides general clerical support in a patient care environment. Arranges and coordinates support and ancillary services for patient care. Provides customer service to patients by facilitating business processes including appointment scheduling, check-in and check-out, pre-arrival and telephone triage. Makes arrangements for admissions, transfers and processing of patient discharges. Provides administrative support for client based programs. Responds to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Some clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting is necessary.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well in team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- Demonstrate positive communication skills.
- Ability to relate well with people and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Experience working within a large, complex, healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of policies & procedures.
- Hours/Week: 40 Hours
- Hours vary 7am-7pm. Must be flexible to work an 8 hour shift from 7am-7pm.
- Shift/Hours/Days: Days/M-F
NOTE: Travel to all Ambulatory Care sites required for this position.
NOTE: Will Train.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.