Manage daily building issues, primary liaison with housekeeping contractor, building maintenance coordination with landlord, space management, miscellaneous building support.
Manage daily building issues; plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling, parking, insect control, ceiling leaks. Building maintenance; furniture repair, office and cube reconfiguration, keyboard tray installation and removal, install white boards, spot clean carpets, unplug drains/toilets, reset circuit breakers, change desk lights, coordinate maintenance issues with landlord. Miscellaneous building support; ordering supplies. Perform annual Fire/Tornado drills; organize floor marshals.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a diverse clientele base.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines; and work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential information is required.
- Must be able to work independently as a critical member of a team, while demonstrating cooperation and flexibility.
- 5+ years of experience
- 1-3 years' experience
Previous work experience in facilities/operations management is strongly preferred.
Monday - Friday 8:00-5:00pm
Position is located at KMS Building at 3621 S. State Street Ann Arbor
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The person in this position routinely moves furniture/equipment/supplies weighing up to 50 pounds throughout the complex to remove or reallocate furniture, or perform other Facilities Coordinator duties mentioned above.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.