Logistics, Transportation & Parking, Parking Operations and Maintenance unit has an opening for an AFSCME Parking Equipment Maintenance Worker.
This position works outdoors in parking lots and structures and will be exposed to varying, sometimes extreme weather conditions.
- Basic operational maintenance of parking control equipment and devices including replacing light bulbs, batteries, ribbons, tickets, gate arms, label and decals; cleaning card readers and lubricating gate arms, etc., using various solvents, cleaners and lubricants.
- Custodial maintenance of parking control equipment and devices including cleaning equipment exterior surfaces, display screens and enclosures using various cleaning products.
- Assist to install and remove parking control equipment.
- Assist in the collection of revenues from meters and central pay machines. Upload/download maintenance, inventory and collection data from/to meters and central pay machines using portable handheld devices.
- Evaluate equipment operations and advise technicians and supervision about functionality and operating problems.
- Organize and clean shop and stockroom areas. Maintain inventory of shop supplies and parts. Maintain assigned work areas, repair equipment and tools; clean and stock vehicles.
The successful applicant will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- General understanding of electronic and electrical equipment operation
- Minimum of one year’s experience in the repair and maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment
- A valid Michigan driver’s license with an excellent driving record
- Ability to read and interpret equipment operating manuals
- Customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Associates degree in relevant field of study
- Training in electronics technology
- Knowledge of parking control equipment and its operation
Full Time: 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday, 10 AM - 6:30 PM.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.