The University of Michigan Congenital Heart Center is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as an Electrophysiology Cardiac Catheterization Technician for the Pediatric Electrophysiology and Catheterization Labs. This position is located in C.S. Mott Hospital.
Provide technical support to faculty performing procedures in the Pediatric Electrophysiolgy and Catheterization Labs including but not limited to: electrophysiology studies/ablations, wire studies, tilt table test, pacemaker/ICD implantation and removal, catheterizations (diagnostic and interventional), transesophageal echo, biopsies, cardioversions, PICC lines, CVP line placement, pericardial taps.
Primary job responsibilities consist of the diverse role of monitoring and circulating during Electrophysiolgy and Catheterization procedures on a diverse patient population with known or suspected congenital or acquired cardiac disease. Diagnostic as well as interventional cardiac procedures will be performed.
Works closely with the Inventory Control Planner to maintain appropriate levels of stock in the labs.
Assist with research protocols as needed
This is a 40 hour/week position. Overtime and on-call is required.
- Graduation from an accredited program in Cardiac Electrophysiology or Invasive Cardiovascular Technology or Bachelor's degree in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science.
- Certification as a Registered Cardiac Electrophysiologist (RCES) is desired.
- Direct patient care experience working in an Electrophysiology and/or Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills to work on a multidisciplinary team in a highly collaborative environment. Candidate will work closely with outside vendors to schedule clinical support for certain cases.
- Must be self motivated, highly dependable independent worker with the ability to efficiently and effectively multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
- Certification in BLS is required
Familiarity and experience with congenital heart diseas
Experience in critical medicine. Completion of an accredited formal training course. Certficaton as RCES or eligible.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR E-Verify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the E-Verify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.