How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- The coach’s primary role is to provide instruction and coaching.
- Coaches consults with and supports the club’s student leaders in the management of the club. A club sport is first and foremost a student organization and as such, the student leaders must serve as the liaison between the club and the Club Sports Coordinator. The key to the Club Sport Program is the emphasis placed on student leadership.
- The coach makes player attendance at practice a priority.
- The coach seeks to actively develop and improve the skills of new and returning club members.
- The coach attends all practices and games on time unless discussed previously with the captains and team leadership.
- The coach is prepared for all games and practices, sets goals with the team, and strives to reach the goals.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 2 years experience coaching High School or Club level or equivalent
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be skilled in student leadership development
UM-Flint Club Sports
Club sports are student run organizations supported by the UM-Flint Club Sports Coordinator. Each team belongs to a specific league and is bound to the rules and regulations set forth by the league and the University of Michigan-Flint. The Head Club Coach acts as an independent provider and not an employee of the University, whose duty is to furnish specific services as listed in the contract. Based on successful budget projection and execution, compensation may be available at the end of the season after expenses have been reconciled.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.