Provide exceptional customer service in an ambulatory care setting by facilitating business processes. Provide check in and check out services for specialty services that include Pediatric Neurosurgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery and Pediatric Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. Scheduling patient appointments, tests, consults, verify and update patient information, obtain insurance authorization, triage incoming referrals.
- Responsible for check in and check out of patients.
- Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by facilitating business processes that result in efficient patient flow.
- Answering phones using Aspect, in a timely manner and scheduling of patient appointments.
- Process all patient payments (copayments and outstanding balances).
- Reconciliation of cash collections.
- In basket management
- Maintain business work queues.
- Obtain Insurance authorizations
- Knowledge of medical and dental insurance.
- Willingness to resolve customer complaints.
- Load and log outside radiological images into MI Chart
- Ability to navigate patient’s medical record in order to facilitate visits.
- Prepare, maintain and update patient forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years of experince.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Candidate must be a team player and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Solid understanding of computers, email and Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Exhibit professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Ability to understand medical terminology.
- Previous cashiering or patient account representative experience.
- Prior experience with Care Web, MI Chart and online payor system experience.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems
- Previous experience working within a large complex health care setting
- Previous experience working within an ambulatory care setting.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
M-F 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
C&W Clinic Building
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.