How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume with cover letter that must include:
-Availability for the semester for which they are applying
-Chemistry courses completed at UM-Flint
The Teaching Laboratory Assistant will serve as a liaison between the Lab Coordinator and other individuals (such as prep assistants, lab assistants, faculty, and staff) associated with general and organic chemistry teaching labs. He or she will assist the Lab Coordinator in several areas of responsibility including the maintenance of stock chemicals and materials in teaching labs and prep spaces, assisting in the scheduling of and communication with student laboratory assistants and chemical preparation assistants, and other laboratory responsibilities as assigned. This position also requires assisting the Laboratory Manager and/or department as needed.
- Currently enrolled in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related science bachelor’s program with 90 credits or higher OR completion of Bachelor’s Degree in one of the fields listed above.
- One to three years’ experience working in a laboratory setting is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory materials, chemicals, methods, safety, and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to safety guidelines and practices in chemical management and handling.
- Flexible work schedule- be able to mornings and occasional afternoon.
- Skills to use Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with the University of Michigan-Flint’s teaching laboratories and their operations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.