1. Collaborates with Michigan Care Management Resource Center (MiCMRC) leadership to develop care management curriculum/training for a statewide audience. Includes care managers and care coordinators in primary care practices participating in the Michigan State Innovation Model, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Provider Delivered Care Management, Comprehensive Primary Care Plus, and may include specialty care practices. Includes all aspects: needs assessment, planning/development, implementation, and evaluation.
2. Facilitates and delivers regional and statewide care management educational offerings designed for adult learners. The educational offerings may be delivered via a variety of modalities including: recorded/live webinars, interactive virtual affinity groups, e Learning, and in-person training provided regionally. Has responsibility as a trainer for the MiCMRC Complex Care Management course.
3. Works with MiCMRC leadership to identify and develop high value and customer focused support and resources to meet the needs of the MiCMRC key stakeholders. Investigates strategies and areas of focus to provide assistance to PO Leaders, Practice Leaders, practice teams and care managers to address delivery of care management services.
4. Contributes to assessment of key stakeholder and customer needs. Includes preparing and leading meetings with stakeholders, follow through with identified action plan as appropriate. Also includes development of surveys. MiCMRC key stakeholders include program leaders, PO Leaders, Practice Leaders, statewide and regional partners, care managers and practice teams.
5. Identifies best practices, opportunities, and the development of solutions to optimize delivery of care management, team based care, and care coordination. Conducts site visits to gather work flows and gain knowledge of successful models.
6. Collaborates with PO Leaders and Practice Leaders to identify challenges, solutions and best practices related to specific areas of focus. Examples include: social determinants of health, panel management/team based care delivery, care coordination.
7. Leads quality improvement activities to address internal processes, optimize efficiencies, to deliver valuable services to achieve and exceed expectations of internal and external customers.
8. Participates in the ongoing evaluation of the MiCMRC support and training services offered.
1.Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher or Masters of Social Work.
2. Recent experience includes three to five years of full time care management experience in a primary or specialty care office setting within the past 5 years. Or three to five years of full time management related to quality improvement and/or care management in the physician office setting in the past 5 years.
3. Experience in focused areas: working with individuals with social determinants of health, patient centered care, panel management/team based care delivery, care coordination, curriculum design for the adult learner.
4. Ability to affect change, assist with development and support of high functioning primary care teams, work as a productive and effective team member, and adapt to changing needs/priorities.
5. Experience developing and delivering curriculum for licensed and unlicensed clinical staff.
6. Knowledge of chronic conditions, evidence based guidelines, prevention, wellness, health risk assessments and patient education.
7. Ability to support a learning environment that is characterized by mutual respect, constructive feedback, and conflict resolution.
8. Time management and organization skills.
9. General computer skills including: MS Word, Excel, Power point
10. Demonstrates ability to work autonomously and be directly accountable for meeting expected outcomes.
11. The ability to travel to multiple work locations, includes regional training/meetings with occasional over night stay.
1. Current State of Michigan Board of Nursing or Social Work licensure.
2. Certification in Care Management, Health Care Quality, or Process Improvement
3. Experience working with individuals with social determinants of health and implementation of processes related to team based care and care coordination.
4. Experience in care Management billing and coding in the primary care setting for commercial and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid health plans
5. Experience with software programs to develop e Learning, optimal use of social media to support stakeholder learning and communication
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.