Provide all aspects of nursing care to include (but not limited to) procedural sedation, telephone triage, care coordination and follow-up for patients and families served at the Anesthesia Back and Pain Center in the Burlington building.
Work collaboratively with the inter-professional team to develop and implement patient education, nursing protocols, and clinical pathways for the care of procedural patients and patients with chronic pain.
Candidate must be able to perform their duties with minimal supervision.
• Provide phone consultation/triage for patient concerns, oversee adult symptom calls and red calls
• Care coordination for patients with chronic pain issues
• Manage test results workflow
• Complex form completion
• Perform patient education visits in clinic as needed and/or as directed by providers
• Develop self-management goals with patients for chronic pain management or reinforce goals noted in MiChart
• Maintain relevant health and medical information in MiChart
• Collaborate with provider staff on a mutually acceptable plan of care to maximize the health potential of the individual, family, or community
• Align clinical nursing practice with the Nursing Model of care that supports patient story, mutual goal setting, self-care efficacy and appropriate use of the health system.
• Document nursing care according to Michigan Medicine standards, policies and procedures
• Be an active participant of a collaborative health care team that uses data analysis and evidence-based practice to guide delivery of care.
• Attend and participate in conferences and continuing education and staff development programs to maintain knowledge of current literature
• Work collaboratively with supervising physicians, advanced practice professionals, and clinic personnel to successfully deliver high quality care to our rehabilitation patient population
• Participate in department meetings to continually improve clinic processes
• Provide oversight of LPN and unlicensed assistive staff as needed
• Assist in the procedure room and prep/recovery room as needed
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted under the Role-Specific Advancement Model (RSAM) as:
CLIN CARE COORD- COMPETENT.
Actual RSAM LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
RSAM levels range from CCC-COMPETENT to CCC-EXPERT TO CCC-MASTERY.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
- Graduate of an accredited BSN program.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience at full-time status, within the past five (5) years as an ICU, ED, or Flight nurse, or as a Sedation Analgesia Professional.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience, within the past five (5) years performing telephone triage for patients with chronic pain and/or other chronic conditions.
- Demonstrated effective time management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills in daily practice: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative practice with multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated accountability to Departmental requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience case management of chronic care conditions.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Clinical certification in pain nursing or ambulatory care nursing.
- Experience with development of patient education materials and/or nursing protocols.
- Ambulatory Care – chronic pain management experience preferred within last 3-5 years.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures. Knowledge of MiChart, Microsoft Office & Outlook.
he Success Patterns for this position are:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly
• Knowledge of and/or ability to learn to work as part of a team-oriented environment
• Knowledge of and/or ability to solve problems
• Strong attention to detail & accuracy
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
• High enthusiasm and energy
• Willing to go the extra mile in all aspects of the job
• Respect for people, and hard work
• Willingness to learn, challenge, and better yourself
• Flexible, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Shift/Hours/Days: Monday – Friday; hours 9:30 am-6:00 pm with flexibility required to meet the business need
Location: Burlington Building Ann Arbor, MI
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.