Provide exceptional customer service in an ambulatory setting by facilitating business processes: Answering telephones in a call center setting as well as providing check in and check out services to primary and specialty care departments. Scheduling patients for appointments, tests and consults. Prepares, maintains and updates forms. Provides general information to staff and patients. Verifies and updates patient information, obtains referrals and/or authorizations. Manages incoming telephone calls, confirms patient charges, collects payments, and reconciles cash collections.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2-3years of experience.
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
This position can be underfilled with a candidate that has a high school diploma or GED and 0-2 years of experience.
- Solid understanding of computers, e-mail and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Exhibits a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a contributing team member.
- Basic medical terminology (may be tested).
- Previous cashiering or patient account representative experience.
- Prior CareWeb, MiChart and online payor system experience.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting.
- Experience working within a large, complex heatlh care setting.
- Call Center or clerical experience with general office practices preferred.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Shift/Hours/Days: 40 hours, Mon-Fri & Occasional Saturdays and evenings.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.