How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Ford Center for Autonomous Vehicles (FCAV) and the Deep Robot Optical Perception (DROP) lab are seeking an Administrative Assistant Intermediate to provide administrative support to faculty, students and staff. This a two-year term limited position housed in the Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering department.
The term appointment is expected to continue for two years, assuming satisfactory conduct and performance is maintained, and funding continues as initially expected. Term appointments may be extended, or may be ended prior to the established end date. When extending appointments, the length of the extension will be clearly specified.
While employed by the University, individuals on term appointments will be subject to the personnel policies that apply to their classification, including those for staff benefits, probationary period, performance evaluation, and opportunities for staff development. Time worked in a term appointment counts as any other time worked as a regular employee in determining date of hire and time in rank.
The University’s Reduction in Force policy also applies during a term appointment. Situations such as lack of funds, lack of work, or reorganization may require a reduction in the work force that may include staff members on term appointments. However, at the conclusion of a term-limited appointment, the individual will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) status.
- Place and track all orders for DROP lab and FCAV
- Process hiring, terminations and time reports for all temporary staff
- Make travel arrangements for faculty, staff, students and visitors
- Perform pcard reconciliation
- Process travel and hosting reimbursements
- Coordinate logistics for fieldwork, including travel arrangements, shipping equipment and complying with customs requirements
- Coordinate meetings for FCAV and DROP lab
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven self-directive skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with employees at all levels
- High level of attention to detail
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/ .
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.