How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
50 % Biostatistical Support
With minimal guidance and oversight of faculty biostatistician and program manager
• Collaborate on study design from a wide variety of clinical trials and observational studies perspectives, including sample size estimation and development of randomization schemes
• Provide expertise to design studies to address clinical and translational research questions
• Provide leadership and expertise in the development of grant proposals
• Provide leadership and expertise in developing plans for data analysis and summarization
• Implement methods to ensure data quality
• Conduct data analyses using SAS or other applications, as appropriate
o Write and validate analysis programs
o Prepare analysis reports for submission of abstracts and papers to scientific journals
o Prepare automated reports for DSMB, FDA, or steering committee review
• Collaborate with researchers in the dissemination of study results, including presentations, abstracts and paper manuscripts
20 % Collaboration
• Consult with investigators to support their clinical and translational research projects
• Connect investigators and trainees to appropriate U-M services and collaborations
• Participate in database development, quality of data analyses, programming, and documentation
• Collaborate with and support internal and external U-M statistical professionals and programs to develop tools, software and standardize research practice
15 % Communication
• Support leadership in development, demonstration and dissemination of networking and training courses as well as innovative methods and tools
• Execute strategies for customer outreach and communications.
• Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to leadership, clients and team members
15 % Project Management
• Responsible for management, performance, and
completion of assigned projects
• Provide project reporting and track key project metrics
• Organize and facilitate project meetings
• Identify and advise on resources needed to facilitate completion of the project
A Master’s degree with at least 3 years’ of experience in biostatistics, statistics, or related field.
• At least 5 years’ experience in clinical research, with full-time experience working with clinical data
• Experience in data manipulation and analysis using SAS, including expertise is SAS macro language
• Experience in the analysis and reporting of clinical trials or epidemiologic studies
• Experience with complex data structures and linkages between data sources
• Ability to accurately and efficiently assess technical problems and program solutions
• Demonstrates knowledge of clinical, translational, and epidemiologic research methods and concepts
• Understanding of ICH, GCP and FDA regulations and guidelines with regard to the conduct of human subject research
• Demonstrates ability to interact with team’s statisticians and Faculty/Clinical Researchers to understand and anticipate their needs and the needs of the project
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and sometimes under strict deadlines
Experience with R programming
North Campus Resource Complex
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.