- Provide anesthesia and anesthesia related care to facilitate diagnostic, therapeutic and/or surgical procedures to all patients regardless of age under the medical direction of an anesthesiologist, working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Prepare preoperative assessments including health histories and physical examinations.
- Develop the Anesthesia Care Plan with the anesthesiologist. Initiate and maintain appropriate perioperative anesthesia care.
- Maintain appropriate patient records including quality assurance documentation.
- Complete postoperative evaluations in accordance with department policies.
- Participate in ongoing projects.
- Support perioperative providers.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Function in accordance with all institutional policies and guidelines.
- Maintain licensure, certification, credentialing, and current BLS and ACLS status at all times.
- This position requires radiation exposure and the requirement to wear the appropriate (PPE) personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to fulfill required weekend obligations.
- Must be self-directed, reliable, demonstrate initiative and motivation to work independently, and demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- One year FTE of nurse anesthesia experience.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited nurse anesthesia educational program.
- Current Michigan RN license and certification as a nurse anesthetist.
- Current ACLS or PALS certification.
- Wear the appropriate (PPE) personal protective equipment as this position requires radiation exposure and the requirement to wear the appropriate PPE.
- Current and accurate resume and application must be completed.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be fully considered and interviewed for the position; hire offer will be contingent upon satisfaction of all required qualifications including successful completion of the credentialing process.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Five years of adult ICU nursing experience.
- Five years FTE of nurse anesthesia experience.
- Demonstration of appropriate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited educational program.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift: Day/Evening rotation; variable shift start times and shift length.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.