How to Apply
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
A cover letter, attached as the first page of your resume, describing how your experience meets the job requirements of this posting, is required for consideration of this position.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
This is a term-limited position due to salary funded on a grant.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Department of Health Behavior and Biological Sciences seeks a Clinical Research Coordinator who will work with a faculty Principal Investigator (PI) on her grant. The Clinical Research Coordinator will be part of a project examining the effects of an exercise and behavioral intervention to increase physical activity in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The project will be implemented in Ann Arbor, Flint, Royal Oak and Grand Rapids, MI. Duties in this position include: recruiting research participants, conducting screening, scheduling study visits, organizing the data safety monitoring committee and preparing reports for the IRB and NIH.
- Lead the development and implementation of recruitment strategies and coordinate enrollment, and follow-up.
- Monitor data collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Coordinate meetings of project personnel.
- Responsible for incentive payment process.
- Responsible for processing IRBs and IRB compliance.
- Other duties as assigned or required for the research project.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
Supervision is received from the PI.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a health related field is required; a master’s degree in Public Health is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) year’s work experience in a clinical research related field is required.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums. Must have very strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Excellent computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with online recruitment of research participants.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Experience with reporting software and interpreting analysis.
- Demonstrated project, time management and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills with analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to serve diverse populations.
- Candidate must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Experience in designing advertisements for recruiting participants is preferred.
Hours: 20 Hours
Shift/Hours/Days: Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday; may include some occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. We encourage all interested parties to apply.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.