East Ann Arbor Infusion Center, West Ann Arbor, Taubman Infusion and Ambulatory Diagnostic Treatment Unit (ADTU)
Hours & schedule subject to change based on expansion of infusion areas and hours of operation
Provides nursing care for specialty and some primary care services in an ambulatory care infusion setting.
Administers IV infusion therapy, both chemotherapeutic and non-chemotherapeutic medications.
Works with providers and other disciplines to carry out clinical standards of care for infusion therapy.
Initiates proper interventions for infusion related complications.
Works with others to coordinate patient care and communicates information to health care professionals.
Shares in lead nurse responsibilities and provides functional supervision of assistive personnel.
The Registered Nurse (RN) supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family; assesses the needs of the patient undergoing chemotherapy treatment; plans, implements, and evaluates patient care; and teaches patients, families, orients colleagues and peers.
The RN administers injections, IV hydration, blood products, and chemotherapy.
The RN will be required to work in any of the Adult Infusion or ADTU areas and may be moved throughout the day due to patient acuity and census.
The candidate must have demonstrated the following in his/her current position:
Accountable for the management of patients assigned to the team.
Utilizes critical thinking skills to recognize and solve patient problems.
Utilizes the nursing process and nursing standards to prevent or manage actual/potential patient problems in the hematology/oncology setting.
Identifies patient/family learning needs and ensures that they are met.
Serves as a patient advocate.
Communication and Respect
Maintains a highly professional and positive attitude regardless of workload and stress level.
Inputs, retrieves and interprets data from multiple manual and computer based information systems.
Exhibits professional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Utilizes time in an efficient manner by completing assigned duties.
Performs procedures in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
Participates in meeting the educational needs of self and others.
Completes all other clinical and administrative duties as assigned.
Implements change to achieve identified team goals.
Seeks opportunities to meet individual objectives identified on the professional Development Model.
Uses organizational skills to assure the team provides safe, efficient care to the patient.
Uses organizational skills to assure continuity of care in collaboration with other disciplines through appropriate planning, education and coordination of services.
Safely and appropriately delegates to other health care team members.
Collaborates with medical staff to facilitate and optimize the care of the patient.
Research and Quality Improvement
Acts on behalf of patients and family to ensure care that is safe and appropriate with consideration for values, diversity, and human rights.
Participates in nursing and medical research and facilitates transfer of new knowledge to patient care.
Participates in the Quality Improvement Process.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C (B INC).
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
- Two or more years of recent adult infusion experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and build respectful relationships within and between services and individuals as measured by interviews, references, and performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve effectively and efficiently as measured by interviews, references, and performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability in effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to seek constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues as measured by interviews, references, and performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated adaptability to changing needs and priorities based on unit, site, and institutional goals/objectives.
- Good attendance record as evidenced by references and evaluations
- Proficient with computer and typing skills
- Two or more years of recent chemotherapy infusion nursing experience
- Two or more years of recent hematology/oncology experience
- Demonstrated ability to start IVs
- Chemotherapy certification
- Demonstrated ability to practice independently, set goals, promote teamwork, coordinate and perform multiple activities and problem solve as measured by interview, references, and performance evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to set and implement priorities, organize and delegate effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate well with others (including peers)
- Demonstrated abilities in interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and problem solving skill within all levels of the health care team
- Proven self-direction ability including: initiative and creativity
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Experience in Ambulatory Care infusion setting
- Recent PICC insertion skills
- Basic Knowledge of ultrasound techniques
- Chemotherapy certification
- Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI)
- Proficiency with MiChart documentation/notifications.
- Knowledge of UMHHS policies and procedures.
Shift/Hours/Days: Monday through Saturday with variable hours/days; with potential for hours to change based upon expansion of infusion sites and needs.
Multiple infusion sites, including but not limited to: Other Infusion and Ambulatory Diagnostic and Treatment Units with expansion.
West Ann Arbor Health Center- Parkland Plaza Transfer Start Dates
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.