Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Medical Imaging Team?
As a Patient Service Assistant (PSA) with Michigan Medicine, you will use a variety of clerical, computer and interpersonal skills. We’ll work with you to master our electronic medical record (MiChart) and scheduling systems (Cadence). You will work directly with other clinics to schedule appointments and verify insurance. In many cases, you’ll be the first and last person our patients and their families see as they visit our facilities. Our PSA Teams are close-knit groups with a focus on patient care that provide continual learning opportunities.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage (link).
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous PTO program.
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement.
- Tremendous team support.
- Advancement opportunities.
What skills would you master?
- You will learn to schedule new and return patient visits.
- You’ll work closely with Clinical Teams to provide an ideal patient experience.
- In this opportunity, improving patient customer service will be your top priority.
- Our Patient Service Assistants are a fast-growing team of dynamic, flexible and dependable. We value diversity and work with a large variety of patients and clinicians. PSAs are trained to respond to the needs of our clinicians, as well as the varied needs of a large patient population.
- You’ll perform insurance verifications, update medical, financial and demographic information.
- You may also instruct patients of necessary preparations prior to their visit or test as appropriate.
What minimum qualifications are required?
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- To set yourself apart from the pack, exemplify your determination to be a flexible team member passionate about the patient and willing to learn.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information techology skills.
- Associate level: 2-3 years of related experience.
- Assistant level: 0-2 years of related expereince.
- Ability to be in stationary position (sitting or standing) up to 90% of the time.
- Clerical experience and medical terminology are helpful.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic health record setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.