Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Call Center Team?
As a Call Center Representative with Michigan Medicine, you will use a variety of healthcare and clerical skills. We’ll work with you to master our electronic medical record (MiChart) and scheduling systems (Cadence). You will work directly with patients to coordinate the scheduling of appointments and physician referrals. You will dedicatedly serve as a liaison between customers and internal Michigan Medicine personnel to ensure adequate response and customer/patient satisfaction. Our Call Center Teams are close-knit groups with a focus on patient customer service that provide continual learning opportunities.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage (link).
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous PTO program.
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement.
- Tremendous team support.
- Advancement opportunities to intermediate, senior and lead roles.
What skills would you master?
- You will learn to schedule new and return patient visits.
- In this opportunity, improving patient customer service will be your top priority.
- Our Call Center Representatives are a fast-growing team of dynamic, flexible and dependable. We work with a large variety of patients and clinicians are prepared to respond appropriately at all times.
- You’ll utilize standard procedures and scripting to respond to high volume telephone inquiries.
- You may also instruct patients of necessary preparations prior to their visit or test as appropriate.
- You’ll also respond to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities.
What minimum qualifications are required?
- Graduation from high school or GED
- To set yourself apart from the pack, exemplify your determination to be a flexible team member passionate about the patient and willing to learn.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Intermediate level: 2-3 years of related experience.
- Associate level: 0-2 years of related experience.
• Ability to be in stationary position (sitting or standing) up to 90% of the time.
- Clerical experience and medical terminology are helpful.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michgan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
Days with the flexibility to accommodate evenings, rotating weekends and holidays including on call responsibilities.
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.