How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be PAGE 1 of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position and
- Include your current or ending salary
Starting salary may vary depending on qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) has an opening for a Software Life Cycle Analyst Associate. This position’s main focus is assisting in daily support and troubleshooting activities for the customer base, as well as other members of the Asset Management team. The daily activities include troubleshooting PC and Mac installations, integrating software upgrades, distributing software, inventory and website maintenance and assisting customers with requests for expiring software and software issues. The position will assist with recordkeeping related to software procurement and compliance. Other responsibilities include performing routine office tasks, including filing, scanning and mailing.
This position will report to the Software Services Manager in the Support Services group and will collaborate with multiple teams in ITS. The Software Services team provides software license management and software procurement assistance to customers across the university.
Highly qualified individuals will need to possess self-directed, creative problem solving and analytical skills with a focus on high performance in a constantly changing and evolving environment.
For more information about ITS organization, please visit our website: http://www.its.umich.edu/
While not limited to the list below, the key responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Coordinates with team members and other service support groups to effectively resolve incidents and requests for software, as well as coordinate with vendor support.
- Assists in providing tier I technical support and service restoration for daily operations and project efforts.
- Provides support to technical staff in unit to do installations, configuration, troubleshooting, upgrading and other licensing issues.
- Maintains a repository of software and customer-facing website which includes versions, licensing restrictions, media locations and installation methods.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Contributes to service enhancements by identifying and quantifying customer requirements, delineating the gaps between customer requirements and the capabilities of existing software and technologies and recommending proactive improvements.
- Assists other team members in the development and updating of customer and technical support knowledge base documentation.
- Assists team members and customers in efforts to develop, design, implement and continuously improve the service.
- Assists in maintaining and updating knowledge of software policies and procedures. Develops and follows best practices and procedures and shares knowledge with team members.
While not limited to the following, in this role the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following organizational competencies:
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING - Demonstrated ability to prevent and solve simple problems, seeking help from others when required.
QUALITY SERVICE - Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers in a manner that consistently meets the organization's expectations for exemplary customer service.
BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS / INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - Respects diversity; demonstrates respect for the opinion of others; values each person's contribution to the team. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of workgroup, interacting in a friendly, open, honest and accepting manner. Maintains agreed-upon levels of confidentiality.
FLEXIBILITY / ADAPTABILITY TO CHANGE - Understanding and accepting the need for change, cooperating in implementation and constructively voicing concerns and proposing alternatives.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a customer service role including prioritization, troubleshooting and gathering requirements and performing analysis on customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting software problems on current versions of Windows & MAC OS.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day-to-day analysis tasks and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Familiarity with Sharepoint.
- Familiarity with U-M policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of software installation and licensing technologies.
Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
Ann Arbor Campus
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Michigan Information and Technology Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan is committed to offering a high-quality benefits package to support faculty, staff and their families. Learn more at https://hr.umich.edu/benefits-wellness
- The University of Michigan is ranked No. 2 public university in the United States and 27th overall in a survey announced 09/27/2017 by The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education.
- The University of Michigan maintained its ranking as the No. 4 public university in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 annual list of the nation's best undergraduate colleges and universities.
- The University of Michigan was featured as one of the "Great Colleges to Work For" in the 2017 Chronicle of Higher Education.
- The University of Michigan is ranked No. 3 by Money Magazine’s “Best Colleges for Your Money 2017/2018" which evaluated 711 higher education institutions on 27 factors within three broad categories: educational quality, affordability and alumni success.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.