How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking a highly motivated and organized Administrative Assistant to support the Research Faculty and daily operations of the Anesthesiology Research Office and Laboratories.
- Support Senior Associate Chair for Research on departmental, research-related activities
- Provide administrative support for select Research Faculty and Research Manager.
- Maintain and update faculty biosketches and CVs
- Maintain and update laboratory phone list
- Manage conference room calendar
- Order and receive supplies for research labs and office
- Facilitate outgoing UPS/Fed Ex shipments
- Unit Timekeeper - Maintain static groups, send reminders to submit and approve (in addition to automatic email notification)
- Assist with travel and/or hosting arrangements, create and submit Concur expense reports for research faculty, fellows and staff
- Organize and coordinate the annual Anesthesiology Research Symposium
- Assist with poster printing
- Provide support for meetings and classes. Order and coordinate refreshments as needed.
- Coordinate employee appreciation luncheons for laboratory faculty/staff.
- Process Research Fellow appointments, including visa paperwork for international scholars.
- Process Temporary and Student appointments.
- Assist laboratory manager with departmental publication database and poster for annual symposium
- Manage Space Survey for departmental research space
- Other responsibilities or duties as needed
- Administrative Assistant Senior:
- Minimum of 4+ years of related experience required. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Experience processing and monitoring visa paperwork required for foreign scholars. Ability to process p-card reconciliation, hosting and expense reports in Concur. Experience using the Human Resources Management System.
- Administrative Assistant Intermediate:
- 2 years of related experience required. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Experience processing and monitoring visa paperwork required for foreign scholars. Ability to process p-card reconciliation, hosting and expense reports in Concur. Experience using the Human Resources Management System.
Bachelor’s Degree. Experience working in a laboratory environment. Experience with University systems. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification (Administrative Assistant Intermediate) depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.