Provides clinical leadership and expertise in the delivery of patient care, health education and health promotion for the defined patient populations in the RAHS school based health centers in the RAHS Flint Health Centers. Operates with considerable independence and works under general supervision of the RAHS Clinical Director.
Serve as a preceptor for graduate students.
- Provides skilled observations and health assessments of patients including history, physical examination, and appropriate interventions and referrals. Provides patient care services appropriate to patient condition and follows RAHS and Michigan Medicine standards.
- Diagnoses and treats or appropriately refers health problems for the patient population. Performs diagnostic procedures as indicated.
- Assess and formulates plan of care related to preventative, acute, and chronic needs identified by the patient and health care team in a manner that provides continuity of care. This includes coordinating care with patients’ primary care provider (PCP) when identified and identification of an available PCP when one is not currently designated.
- Documents patient care and progress and maintains appropriate, complete and detailed patient records which meet required regulatory standards. Evaluates, interprets and integrates quality monitoring findings into clinical practice.
- Helps to identify problems, participates in problem solving efforts, offers solutions and takes leadership role in resolution.
General supervision is received from RAHS Clinical Director.
Functional supervision for the delivery of patient care is received from the center’s medical director or designated physician lead. ?
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification to practice as a Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to provide nursing care to patients and families, communicate complex concepts to all levels of personnel and collaborate effectively with other health care team members.
Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately in written and verbal forms.
Advanced analytical skills to assist in developing and implementing patient care systems, policies and procedures, evaluate outcome of care and develop educational programs.
Ability to focus and attend to detail when evaluating patient care provided, analyzing program outcome measures and proposing efficient and effective methods of patient care.
Hours/Week: Variable as needed by the department
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
This job opening is for a Unit-Based Temporary NP position with the RAHS Program
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level.
These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Interested candidates please contact:
Nicole Speck, RAHS Clinical Director
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.