Seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join a dynamic and growing lab focused on injury and repair of the lung. Work will be with cell culture and mouse models under the guidance of the PI. Requirements include outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work hard and be flexible in a fast-paced environment, and ability to get along with other lab members. Prior experience with mice, cell culture, microscopy, RNA/qPCR, western blotting, and flow cytometry would be helpful but is not required.
- Performs more complex experimental procedures, designs experiments, supervises technicians performing experiments
- Analyzes data
- Reads literature and writes manuscripts
- PhD required or to be granted in the next 6 months
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work hard and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to get along with other lab members
- Prior experience with mice, cell culture, microscopy, RNA/qPCR, western blotting, and flow cytometry would be helpful but is not required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.