How to Apply
The University of Michigan-Flint Physical Therapy Department is seeking applications for a 12-month faculty position as a tenure track associate professor. This faculty member could potentially teach in the Professional (entry-level) Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) and Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) and/or PhD in Physical Therapy. Rank is commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
To be considered for this positon, candidates must attach a letter of application as the first page of the curriculum vitae. The letter of application should address specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the position.
1. Candidate must be licensed or regulated in a United States jurisdiction as a physical therapist.
2. Graduate of CAPTE (or its equivalent) Accredited Professional Preparation Program in Physical Therapy.
3. Academic Doctoral Degree (PhD)
4. 3 years cumulative clinical practice (part-time or full-time) in musculoskeletal physical therapy.
5. Teaching experience in an academic higher learning environment.
6. Record of scholarship.
7. Record of involvement in professional activities.
ABPTS specialization in orthopedics is preferred.
The Physical Therapy Department would like to hire an Associate Professor but will accept an Assistant Professor if no candidates meet the Associate Professor criteria.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.