How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 150651 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 150652
A total of one (1), 1.0 FTE Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- Provide care and direct management to adult patients with malignant myeloid, lymphoid, or plasma cell hematological disorders undergoing autologous and/or allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Primary workplace in the outpatient ambulatory setting seeing return visits and new patient consultations including: performing history/ physical examination and patient evaluation, admission of patients, patient and family education, counseling and support, collaboration with and referrals to other health care providers, and provision of education to nursing staff, students, and the community.
- Collaborative work with physicians in writing orders for chemotherapy and supportive care treatment regimens.
- Perform procedures such as bone marrow aspiration/biopsy, lumbar puncture, and skin biopsies for diagnostic and therapeutic reasons.
- Review laboratory and radiographic tests results and interface with faculty and patients regarding results and plan of care.
- Participate in clinical trial research through the clinically assessing patients and consenting of patients for clinical trial participation as well as participating in clinical trials.
- Facilitate transition of care and function as a liaison between the inpatient and outpatient settings and between staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Participate in workshops and CME activities pertinent to BMT. Attendance at programmatic meetings at University of Michigan Cancer Center, and occasionally attend regional or national meetings.
NOTE: This position is also posted in the Nursing job family under number 150651 for NPs to apply.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification to practice as a an Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Adult primary care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan is preferred. Family Nurse Practitioner will be considered.
- Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Satisfactory completion of a physician assistant program accredited by ARC-PA or one of its predecessor agencies.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as measured by references and interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Experience in the care and management of patients with myeloid, lymphoid, or plasma cell neoplasms or patients undergoing autologous or allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- 1-2 years expertise in the management of patients at the Advanced Practice level.
- Commitment to clinical and translational research.
- The ability to function independently.
- Demonstrated leadership in work setting and other professional activities.
- Experience in the University of Michigan Health System.
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 40 hrs a week
Location: Children’s and Women’s Hospital (C&W)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.