The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Call Center Team?
As a Call Center Lead with Michigan Medicine, you will use a variety of healthcare and clerical skills. We’ll work with you to master our electronic medical record (MiChart) and scheduling systems (Cadence). You will work directly with patients to coordinate the scheduling of appointments and physician referrals. You will dedicatedly serve as a liaison between customers and internal Michigan Medicine personnel to ensure adequate response and customer/patient satisfaction. As a Lead within the Call Center, we will ask you to coordinate and distribute work to your staff, provide their work schedules, monitor call volume and agent productivity levels, and provide training and coaching to your team.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Tremendous team support
What skills would you master?
- Our goal is to provide the best service to our customers. You will demonstrate excellent customer service by answering all calls, monitor/handle Hot Phone Calls, and collect/report call data and statistics.
- We are always looking to improve our processes. You will assist management in process improvement, change implementation, and employee evaluation processes.
- Providing expertise in the completion of Call Center functions including detailed scheduling assistance associated with new patients and/or scheduling patients across multiple locations, departments and specialties will be a part of your daily routine.
- We want our patients' services taken care of promptly, so you will learn schedule patient appointments and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will provide patients with information on necessary preparation or materials and documents needed for the appointment.
- You will collect and update patient demographics, insurance and authorizations, referring and/or primary care physician information and other pertinent information.
- We have a system called MiChart InBasket that will allow you to initiate, route and follow-up on communications with clinicians regarding patient concerns.
- You will request and obtain accurate and timely health records from outside providers to support continuity of care.
- You will prepare patient itineraries and assemble and mail patient information packets.
- You will monitor the Fax-Server, handle the Referral Work Queue, and image documents to the EMR.
What minimum qualifications are required?
- High School diploma
- Two or more years of complex Call Center experience.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks in an energizing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, health administration or a related field.
- Experience as a supervisor or in work coordination.
- Experience working in a complex health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Basic knowledge medical terminology.
- Familiarity with MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Days with the flexibility to accommodate evenings, rotating weekends and holidays including on call responsibilities.
Ability to be in stationary position (sitting or standing) up to 90% of the time.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.