How to Apply
A one page cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (front and back). The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Health Information Technology and Services (HITS) Education & Training team at Michigan Medicine seeks a Trainer for training and support. Examples of projects include Epic (electronic health record), call center software, ServiceNow (IT service management system) and related processes/workflows. A Trainer works to deliver classroom training, support end users, assist with curriculum development.
- Facilitate instructor led training sessions on various IT applications using provided scripted materials.
- Train & Support learners on assigned applications and organizational workflows related to their appropriate role in a variety of settings.
- Support end users during go-lives, labs, personalization sessions, advanced and efficiency trainings, as well as through assigned help desk tickets.
- Master the assigned applications and workflows relevant to your training area(s).
- Manage classroom rosters, attendance, exams, completion and competencies within the Learning Management System.
- Assist in the testing of training materials and training environment making suggestions as appropriate.
- Assist with creation and updates of training materials as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
This position reports to the Training Manager.
- Bachelor's degree or better in a health care related field, information systems, education, human resources/organizational development or an equivalent amount of relevant professional experience.
- Two to three years of experience in facilitating classroom learning experiences.
- Adaptable to technology and technology changes.
- Able to effectively deliver scripted training material to groups of varying sizes for four hours or longer and the willingness to adapt to challenging training situations and personalities.
- Ability to build rapport, engage adult learners and establish an enjoyable learning environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Exce l.
- 5+ years experience in facilitating classroom learning experiences.
- One year of healthcare training or operational experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience creating training materials for end users with direction.
- Familiarity with using an LMS to track training.
Skill and experience in adult education. Strong training and presentation skills. Solid writing and editing skills. Strong technical aptitude. Excellent time-management and organizational skills, including the ability to meet tight fixed deadlines. Flexibility. Strong work ethic and reliability.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.