How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is looking for an Infrastructure Architecture Analyst with strong analytical and communication skills as well as technical expertise in infrastructure. The position will be working closely with both the EI Division and HITS leadership and technical staff in the development and communication of technology strategies and conceptual solutions. A primary purpose of this role is not only to ensure that the division has a cohesive message on technology strategies and concepts to communicate, but to participate in the communication, consensus building and selling of the strategy across a variety of audiences, ranging from technical, to business customers and executives across Michigan Medicine .
Conception of solutions and / or strategies:
- Lead efforts to define and refine conceptual ideas into concrete solutions, working with individual teams or assembling cross-functional teams when necessary.
- Coordinate efforts for the research, analysis, design, proposal creation, and delivery of solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Development of documentation and presentation material for assigned strategies and solutions. Assist other EI teams with development of unit and team strategies
- Build acceptance of the solution of strategies by participating in governance and standard committees.
- Assist EI Units in the development, documentation, communication, and coordination of short- and long-range information technology strategies
- Assist EI Units and teams in the preparation of annual strategic plans, ensuring that there is a cohesive message across the division and Michigan Medicine
- Assist Senior Director in coordinated technology strategic planning and budgeting efforts
- Ensure that strategic assets are being maintained, e.g. TSC Classification and a develop a catalog of standards
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Required to have a BA/BS degree, including course work that is computer-related, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five+ years of experience working as a business analyst in a technical field.
- Five+ years in an enterprise infrastructure role: networking, hosting, storage
- In-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments
- Demonstrated ability to lead work efforts and set agenda to reach goals
- Demonstrated ability to create and present material for executive level audiences
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with diverse participants.
- Solid and effective written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated customer focus, good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others on a team.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience in across multiple areas within applications, middleware and/or infrastructure support
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General direction is received from the Director, Enterprise Continuity and Data Services.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.