How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Shared Services Center (U-M SSC) is a customer service organization focused on providing user-friendly and cost effective administrative services to the university community. The SSC offers key financial and human resource transaction services to customers through consistent processes and enabling technology.
Reporting to the HR Data Management Team Lead, each HR Data Management Associate serves as a critical member of the HR Data Management Team. Each Associate is responsible for processing data management transactions received by the SSC and completing all associated tasks. The HR Data Management Associates work collaboratively with their fellow Associates.
- Knowledge of and adhere to University of Michigan policies and procedures
- Update employee records with personal (personal action requests) and job-related (job action requests) changes on a mass and individual basis as needed
- Manage requests via M-Pathways (PAR) for successful processing
- Verify leave eligibility and deny or approve medical and non-medical employee leaves and notify all affected parties of leave
- Manage leave eligibility for all employees on an ongoing basis
- Complete all administrative duties required after reduction in force decisions, including monitoring RIF effective dates and working with employees through both terminations and transfers
- Serve as liaison to employees through the relocation process in requesting advance payment and ultimately issuing payment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0-2 years experience in a professional office setting
- Some knowledge of human resources processes and systems with some experience in data management.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively delivering high quality work output
- Demonstrated history of building relationships in the workplace
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
Organizational Core Competencies and Skills:
- Advancing the Mission - Demonstrates ability to operate effectively in a manner consistent with the University of Michigan mission and culture.
- Building Relationships/Interpersonal Skills - Values organizational diversity, treats others with respect, and promotes cooperation.
- Creative Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking - Develops and creates ideas, processes, and approaches focused on the future.
- Communication - Demonstrates excellent communication skills to those at all levels throughout the University.
- Development of Self and Others - Seeks opportunities to learn and develop themselves and others by setting developmental goals and seeking performance feedback.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to Change - Responds positively to and champions change to others.
- Leadership/Achievement Orientation - Holds self-accountable for meeting established objectives and successfully accomplishing desired outcomes.
- Quality Service - Strives to meet the expectations of internal and external customers, firmly establishing a service first culture.
- Experience in a Shared Services organization
- HR experience in a higher education setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Broad knowledge of MPathways/PeopleSoft (or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system)
- Familiarity with administrative processes, procedures, and systems at the University of Michigan
The University of Michigan, with an operating budget of $5.8 billion, is a leader in higher education. U-M SSC provides administrative support related to financial and human resources in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Benefits, HR Data Management, Time and Leave, and Employment Process. To learn more about U-M SSC, please visit our website: www.SSC.UMICH.edu.
We offer our employees an extensive total compensation package including competitive pay, a two-for-one retirement contribution, a variety of health insurance options, and a generous vacation plan. In addition, there are seven paid holidays and four paid season days.
Shared Services Center seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.