How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Athletic Department IT interns assist with the support and maintenance of a wide array of systems with a primary focus on help desk support and end user system maintenance and troubleshooting.
Under supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, deploying and maintaining workstations, printers and mobile devices in support of Athletics business processing requirements. Interns will perform installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures, take help desk calls and assist end users with general system troubleshooting. Interns will also be asked to provide technical support for Athletic events.
- Experience with Mac OS X and Windows-based end user platforms.
- Experience with mobile computing platforms (both phones and tablets) running iOS.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A great work ethic.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with a wide range of duties.
- Works well individually or in a team setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
Experience with the following applications/tools are a plus:
- Active Directory
- Android mobile devices
- TCP/IP-based networks and VPNs
- Google G Suite
- Jump Forward
- Athletic applications such as StatCrew and StatBroacast
- Familiar with computing at the University of Michigan
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.