How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Manage the dean’s calendar.
- Manage the Associate Deans’ calendars, draft correspondence, assist in preparation of PowerPoint presentations, and assist with special projects as requested.
- Travel arrangements and itineraries for the dean PCard reconciliation and preparation of travel and hosting expense reports for the dean and associate deans.
- Schedule faculty meetings, distribute materials, record minutes, and provide applicable follow up.
- Manage faculty annual report and review process.
- Assist with faculty award nominations, and promotion and tenure process.
- Provide support to and backup the Assistant to the Dean.
- Reception and phone coverage.
- Review, track, and prioritize mail.
- A bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of progressively responsible office/administrative experience required.
- 3-5 year of experience preferred.
- Experience providing high-level support, preferably to a dean, associate dean, director, or department head.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, managing multiple assignments and performing a wide range of activities, with accuracy and meticulous attention to detail, often under pressure with interruptions.
- Outstanding organizational skills, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise high level of initiative, discretion, and judgment regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Sophisticated computer and technical skills, particularly with the full range of MS Office suite.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.