How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
• Review lists of supplies to be sent to ISR field staff for school-based surveys and bring anomalies/errors to the attention of another staff member to investigate.
• Assemble and ship all materials for school-based surveys to field staff.
• Log shipments into an Access database.
• Keep track of supplies and notify permanent staff members in time for additional materials to be ordered without interrupting production.
• Entering data into Excel spreadsheets and Access databases.
• Transport boxes of supplies and questionnaires as needed.
• Assist with preparing large mailings in February, March and May.
• Edit name and address cards to clarify information prior to data entry.
• Assist with preparation of parental consent mailings to schools.
• Review information collected by calling center personnel for completeness and accuracy.
• Conduct tracking of longitudinal survey respondents using internet based search software.
• Perform additional project-related tasks as needed, including assisting with other mailings and shredding confidential documents.
Excellent attention to detail. Willingness and ability to transport 30-pound boxes. Reliable. Ability to handle a variety of tasks in one day. Ability to work well as part of a team. Some experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with shipping desired.
Experience with shipping desired.
January 8 – August 31, 2018
Monday through Friday, 30-40 hours/week depending on work load.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience of selected candidate.
The Institute for Social Research (ISR) at the University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.