- Select, evaluate, train, counsel staff.
- Orient staff to common vision and goals.
- Prepare staff projections.
- Assign work and set work schedules.
- Affirmative Action requirements.
- Establish unit performance goals in alignment with department institution’s strategic plan. Accountable for insuring the following operations are maintained:
- Weekly Quality Assurance Inspections
- Weekly ATP testing
- Daily Staff Huddles
- Supervise departmental operations.
- Resolve operational problems.
- Evaluate effectiveness of operations.
- Develop and modify unit procedures.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Assure quality control of products and services.
- Monitor productivity.
- Comply with safety requirements.
- Prepare and maintain spend reports; must operate within allotted staffing budget and justify all overtime and extra labor hours used.
- Monitor usage of departmental cleaning supplies (disinfectants, cleaners, tools, etc.) and minimize waste.
- Perform all payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing departmental programs.
- Represent unit to other departments within the Health System and University.
- Plan, schedule, and attend monthly Nursing Partnership meetings
- Participate in departmental and Health System committees.
- Attend professional meetings inside and outside the institution.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.