Support all clinical and patient care support activities of a clinical department office. Duties include:
- Primarily responsible for answering and triaging all calls and inquiries from the patients, families, and referring providers; scheduling new patient appointments by utilizing Cadence/MiChart scheduling system
- Maintain patient records via online and paper document
- Prepare records for clinic and process medical records after clinic. Obtain, document, and relay test results to physicians and nurses
- Actively participate in maintenance of clinical schedules by utilizing electronic medical records
- Participate in the implementation of ongoing clinical process improvement
- Support faculty and clinic providers for their patient care and clinical schedule needs
- Other duties as assigned by the Division Director and Administrator
- Technical Attributes:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years clinical and administrative support experience
- Experience and proficiency in utilizing computer and a variety of business software and programs in business application
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the medical terminology
- Reasonable secretarial or administrative support experience is necessary
- Ability to utilize a variety of information storage and retrieval system is necessary
- General knowledge of office equipment utilization including fax, scanner, printer, and copier
- External candidates must successfully pass the University required skill tests
- Qualitative Attributes:
- Effective oral and written communication skills with external customers and team members at all levels of the organization
- Must be ethical, professional and team-oriented with proven record of sound decision making within the prescribed authority and job duties
- Multi-tasking is an essential part of the position
- Proven experience engaging in quality improvement initiatives within own area of responsibility
- The right candidate will need to be able to process patient care tasks, while engaging patients/families on the phone, taking down vital patient information and staying on task
- Proven ability to represent the unit, as a first line of contact with the external customers, in a professional and positive manner
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, follow through with directions and meet deadlines
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain positive composure
- Relevant and current experience of patient care support in academic medical center setting
- Knowledge of UMHS patient intake workflow
- Proficiency with multi-line phone
- Understanding of University policies, rules and regulations
- Currently UMHS employees with relevant clinical and patient care support experiences will be given priority considerations
Required work hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Occasional flexibility of work hours during work week may be necessary as determined by patient care support needs. This is a 40 hour/week, full time position.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop clinical, administrative, and clerical support skillsets with the Pediatric Endocrinology team. A successful candidate should be motivated to grow within the division both in breadth and depth of responsibility, and should possess the drive to engage in a wide variety of clinical support and administrative duties. The work environment is fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging; continuous quality improvement is an integral part of our daily work flow. If you seek challenging responsibilities in a collaborative team setting and are equally enthusiastic about continuous quality improvement, we look forward to hearing from you.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.