How to Apply
Resumes must be submitted with your application.
The position is responsible for supporting U-M Logistics, Transportation & Parking – Fleet Services office. This position will provide highly responsible administrative support. The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and technology skills
- Communicate effectively in ways that enhance productivity and builds respectful relationships
- Weighs alternative actions and makes decisions that reflect the facts of the situation
- Provide additional support to and serve as a backup to other staff
- Closely follow established policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure equitable treatment of all employees
- Appropriately represent the department to all audiences
- Answer inquiries regarding fleet and garage services within the organization or at the University of Michigan.
- Assist vehicle fleet and rental pool customers at front counter as needed
- Compile vehicle statistics for yearly reporting requirement for the Office of Campus Sustainability, Department of Energy and National Transit Database
- Create or update vehicle information within the Fleet Focus software system to include but not limited to billing, department, technical specification, new purchases, fuel station access.
- Provide reporting to user departments as requested
- Assist Fleet Manager with yearly vehicle replacement analysis by compiling data and current vehicle condition determination
- Assist Fleet Manager with vehicle order options to lease customers and compile vehicle replacement needs for lease customer approval and bid process
- Assist with new vehicle deliveries including but not limited to verifying vehicle meets specification, insurance and registration form completion, title verification and storage, contacting lease customer for documentation, issuance of new vehicle
- Assist with vehicle disposal process working with Property Disposition and vehicle sales vendor including preparing vehicle title and sale documents for vehicle sale
- Input and monitor vehicle damage within the rental fleet software including contacting rental pool customer when damage occurs and follow up on vehicle damage reporting needs
- Update rental pool software as new vehicles are procured and retired vehicles removed from service
- Monitor and approve new user requests in the rental pool software as needed
- High school diploma with some college-level courses
- Data entry experience with accurate keyboarding skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and proven ability to successfully interact with a diverse group
- Dedication to provide great customer service
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as working in a team environment
- Ability to use judgment in prioritizing work
- Ability to problem solve effectively within appropriate guidelines and parameters
- Possess highly developed organizational skills, along with experience and competence utilizing and leveraging technology
- Experience creating and maintaining functional personal and office filing systems.
Monday - Friday, 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.