Alumni Relations seeks a talented, energetic, and reliable student for a paid internship beginning Winter 2018:
- Assist alumni relations staff with the collection of alumni contact information;
- Implement alumni communications under supervision of the Alumni Relations Manager;
- Assist with development of alumni “journeys” for groups of segmented alumni;
- Assist with recruitment and coordination of alumni volunteers;
- Duties subject to expansion based upon students’ major and/or academic department internship requirements.
Beginning: Winter 2018 (willing to accommodate semester and/or full year experience)
25 hours per week (flexible hours)
$10-$12 per hour
What to Expect
Interns can expect to leave having expanded their professional skill set. Outcome skills include:
- Increase in networking capacity
- Effective data management strategies
- Development of independent project management skills
- Working knowledge of alumni communication campaigns
- Knowledge of higher education fundraising and alumni engagement best practices
- Exposure to SalesForce CRM and Marketing Cloud platforms
Alumni Relations interns are given an opportunity to work in a professional setting within higher education. Consider this program if any of the following areas appeal to you:
- Alumni Connections
- Data Analysis
- Event Planning
- Social Media Marketing
- Higher Education Fundraising
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality, including the ability to communicate and work with diverse constituents
- Ability to work independently and adjust to changing demands
- Strong time management skills
- Professional demeanor
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
This internship is available to juniors and seniors of any major and graduates of UM-Flint within the past 6 months.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.