How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Call center representative in the Otolaryngology Call Center provides complex telephone communication/scheduling services and consistent support for over 60 providers at 6 different clinic sites across 3 different ACU’s. Our practice services both adult and pediatric patient populations for ENT, audiology and other ancillary services. Representative is responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service while facilitating communications between patients, public, referring physicians and other health care providers. Representative should strive to maintain excellent rapport with parents, patients, faculty, and staff to develop foster and maintain a team-oriented environment.
- Schedule new and return patient visits determining appropriate clinic provider based on specified standards utilizing the Cadence/MiChart scheduling system.
- Complete work directives sent to the Call Center in basket and scheduling work queue.
- Follow red call protocol when handling emergent phone calls.
- Answer calls and respond to various electronic communications.
- Provide customers with product and service information, direct to appropriate resource if needed.
- Process appointment requests and referrals.
- Research scheduling and insurance guidelines using available resources.
- Manage and resolve customer complaints/concerns.
- Respond positively to change, showing a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Adopt practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
- Serve as a liaison among patients, public, referring physicians, other health care providers and all other internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma and 2-4 years of experience for the Intermediate level.
- High school education and 1 year of experience required for the Associate Level.
- Excellent attendance
- Must have demonstrated good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work appropriately
- Ability to accept direction from multiple sources, prioritize tasks and remain adaptable to rapid changes in work
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by engaging in process improvements, sharing information with peers and keeping a positive attitude in times of high stress.
- Capacity to solve complex problems quickly and while maintaining strong rapport with internal and external customers
- Active Listening skills
Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience with MiChart EpicCare and Cadence Scheduling Software (Cadence)
Knowledge of Otolaryngology scheduling and Clinical Practices
Call Center Experience
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.