- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous PTO program.
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement.
- Tremendous team support.
- Advancement opportunities.
- You will work with all Cancer Center clinics and infusion areas to manage the scheduling of infusion appointments across all oncology infusion sites.
- You will provide just-in-time support, over-the-phone or in-person to our clinic and infusion staff.
- You will be responsible for managing appointment cancellations, scrubbing the grids to ensure proper utilization of resources, preparing daily reports and participating in daily huddles to review scheduling.
- You will work closely with Infusion Center leadership to develop scheduling guidelines and to train others in the use of those guidelines. This position also involves constant quality improvement efforts to ensure we are providing the best service to our clinics and our patients.
- Our Patient Service Associates are a fast-growing team of dynamic, flexible and dependable professionals. We value diversity and work with a large variety of patients and clinicians. PSAs are trained to respond to the needs of our clinicians, as well as the varied needs of a large patient population.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- To set yourself apart from the pack, exemplify your determination to be a flexible team member passionate about the patient and willing to learn.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
Associate level: 2-3 years of related experience.
Assistant level: 0-2 years of related experience.
- Associates Degree
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terms, testing and procedures.
- Previous clerical work in a hospital or outpatient setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with EPIC/Cadence.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
A cover letter is NOT required for consideration.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.