Medical Assistant Associate to assist in our Avitracks Lab Monitoring Program. This role includes supporting our physicians in a busy outpatient specialty clinic office setting. The majority of time spent will be retrieving and entering labs in our Avitracks system.
Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others. Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality. Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues). May be required to work overtime. Strong attention to detail. Works well with minimal supervision.
- Monitor Inbasket messages
- Retrieves lab values from fax server and enters them in appropriate database
- Basic clerical tasks that require proper telephone technique, intermediate typing ability, computer and data entry skills
- Work with outside facilities to obtain lab results
- Provide patient with appropriate lab monitoring materials
- Enters orders for labs in EMR
- Faxes orders to outside facilities
- Work with nurses regarding critical labs and compliance
- Work in MiChart (notes, InBasket, workqueues )
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential
- Graduation from medical assistant program
- Equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar
- Demonstrated prior excellent attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues)
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment
- Ability to pass customer service quiz and typing skill assessment with 35-40 WPM and with an accuracy of 95% or greater
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Previous experience in Ambulatory Care clinical setting
- MiChart experience preferred
- Clinical data entry
- Lab monitoring programs
- Knowledge of University and Department of Internal Medicine policies and procedures
- Certification as a medical assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
40 hour position: 7:30 - 4:00 M-F
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.