***This position is best suited for current UM-Dearborn students (undergraduate) and work study recipients***
The University of Michigan-Dearborn College of Education, Health, and Human Services (CEHHS) has an exciting part-time temporary opportunity (10-20 hours per week) available for a student with great initiative, flexibility and professionalism to work as an Office Assistant. The individual in this position will work with both the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services, in support of the department chairs and staff. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome and provide direction to students, faculty, staff, and guests;
- Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, make photocopies, scanning and storing of electronic documents;
- Assist with reports and form preparation in word, excel, powerpoint and acrobat;
- Assist with fielding inquiries and registration for departmental workshops;
- Assist with departmental special events;
- Assist with research and presentation preparation;
- Assist with special projects.
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is between $8.90-10.00 per hour.
A cover letter is required for consideration and must be attached as page one of your resume document. Your letter should address your specific interest in the position, outline your skills and experience that directly relate to this position, and specify days and times available for work.
This position requires enthusiastic customer service skills, confidentiality, dependability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to set priorities, efficient organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and possession of working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Acrobat at the intermediate level.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.