Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Hand Therapy Team?
As a Hand Therapist with Michigan Medicine, you will provide patients with your expertise and specialized care to those facing a number of hand issues, including hand surgery and recovery. You will work closely with surgeons and other medical professionals to develop the best treatment plan for patients, helping them get back to their normal daily life. Patients come to Michigan Medicine in search of highly specialized care. Our Hand Therapist are trained to understand a wide array of conditions specific to the hand and upper extremity in order to offer the most informed decisions and effective care. The Hand Therapy program at MM is the first in the nation accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association to train new therapists through a residency program.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Tremendous team support
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
- Continued education allowance
What skills would you master?
- You will perform daily documentation electronically with MiChart
- You will implement safe and evidence-based cost effective treatment of hand therapy
- You will participate in post-op hand clinics with MD and PA
- You will also have the opportunity to participate in teaching of occupational therapy students and hand fellows
- You will work individually or collaboratively on scholarly/research activity
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree, Master of Science or Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Current Michigan Occupational Therapist License
- Registered member of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy – NBCOT
- CHT or CHT Eligible
- Ability to understand and communicate information both orally and in writing so that others will understand
This position is full-time, working Monday through Friday – Day Shift.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.