Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Ambulatory Lymphedema Therapy Team?
As an Occupational Therapist at Michigan Medicine, you will conduct patient evaluations and treatments for a variety of lymphedema diagnoses in outpatient clinic settings. Working directly with patients and their families, you will create an individualized treatment plan based on a comprehensive evaluation of their current abilities and needs, as well as lifestyle and personal goals. Our Occupational Therapist who treat patients with lymphedema are nationally certified therapists who have specialized and advanced training in the evaluation and treatment of edema. Additionally, we are one of the few NLN Accredited Program. If you are seeking an Occupational Therapist opportunity that offers a team approach to providing exceptional patient care, there is no better place.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Continued education allowance
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
What skills would you master?
- You will perform daily documentation electronically with MiChart
- You will implement safe and evidence-based, cost effective treatment of edema/lymphedema therapy
- You will participate in program development of the lymphedema and cancer rehab programs
- You will have the opportunity to participate in teaching of occupational therapy students and fellows
- You will work individually or collaboratively on scholarly/research activity.
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree, Master of Science or Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Current Michigan Occupational Therapist License
- Registered member of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy – NBCOT
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist - CLT Required, LANA or LANA eligible
- Ability to understand and communicate information both orally and in writing so that others will understand
This position is full-time, working Monday through Friday – Day Shift.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.