How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. You may be contacted for additional screening such as computer testing, interviewing and reference checking in order to be considered for such positions. If screening is required, our office will contact you directly.
We are looking for a part-time temporary Admin/Office Assistant to help provide administrative support related to the LSA Honors program. The job will contain varied tasks, which may include the following depending on skill level and need. Onsite training will be provided to candidates that do not have previous experience with particular tasks or software.
Front desk duties:
• Manage and staff Honors front desk/info center. Be the face of Honors and main point-of-contact for all walk-in and phone inquiries (students, prospective students, and parents).
• Manage appointment calendars for all advisors.
• Answer questions knowledgeably and accurately.
• Route calls and visitors appropriately, providing triage services during busy times.
• Collect and report data on student and other traffic, use of advising appointments, need for walk-in or emergency appointments.
• Collect, sort, and route mail
• Collect and display newspapers
• Maintain order and cleanliness, making the reception area attractive and useful for visitors
• Prepare and maintain office supplies
• Prepare and distribute all advising materials to advisors as needed
• Manage Honors Events ticket sales, attendee roster, and cash handling for HRA planned activities.
• Spirit Wear order supplies and manage sales.
• Receive cash payments and manage cash handling processes in accordance with UM cash handling policies.
- Ability to multi-task, organize workload, and exercise discretion.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Positive customer service-oriented attitude, flexibility and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of M-Pathways
- Knowledge of Google Mail, Calendar, and Drive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.