The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Vascular Surgery Team?
Our Vascular Technologists are highly skilled leaders outstanding in their field. You will use highly advanced equipment to perform scans observe sound wave display. You’ll work directly with our Vascular Surgeons to provide a preliminary report of findings and obtain additional images as necessary. You’ll also assist with advanced procedures like venous ablations. Patients come to Michigan Medicine when they are searching for high-end specialty care. Our physicians and clinicians take groundbreaking research from bench to bedside. If you want to develop and grow, maximize and expand your career experience as a technologist, there is no better place.
A cover letter is NOT a requirement for consideration.
What skills would you master?
- You’ll develop a keen eye for reviewing ultrasound examinations to assess the quality and completeness of imaging.
- •Working with Vascular Surgery physicians, you'll help develop, implement and/or assist in maintaining advanced ultrasound protocols and techniques, like venous ablations.
- You will have the opportunity to become an expert in producing vascular ultrasound images with top-tier technology.
- Our Vascular Techs are deeply dynamic, flexible and dependable. We serve highly acute patients and are prepared to respond appropriately at all times.
- You’ll perfect critical thinking skills, ingenuity, creativity and integrity.
- Physical ability to be on your feet most of the day, with a lot of time spent talking, standing, stretching. Lifting and pushing necessary to move equipment or transfer/move patients.
- Graduation from a formal Vascular Sonography Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP)
- Experience with non-invasive diagnostic procedures.
Licensure & Certification
- Certification as a Registered Vascular Technologist by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) by Cardiac Credentialing International (CCI)
Days with availability between 7AM-6PM including a holiday rotation.
Brighton Center for Specialty Care with some holiday rotation responsibilities at the Main Hospital in Ann Arbor.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous PTO program.
- 75% tuition reimbursement.
- Exposure to innovative studies and practices.
- State of the Art technology
- Opportunity to be involved in research.
- Potential to attend national conferences.
- SVU Membership and coverage of annual registration fees.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on you upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together improve our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.