- Schedule new and return patient visits determining appropriate clinic provider based on specific standards.
- Schedule clinic visits, diagnostic services and ambulatory procedures for patients.
- Initiate telephone triage forms and distribute for action; document according to specified clinic standards.
- Determine the existence of previous registration and obtain, verify and update insurance, financial and demographic information with the patient.
- Confirm, notify and remind patients of appointment and or changes.
- Inform patients of necessary preparations prior to visit or test in accordance with established guidelines.
- Obtain, record and relay medical test results as needed to providers.
- Ensure completeness of financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic codes.
- Process all professional and facility charges using charge capture system.
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion and provide receipt of payment.
- Provide information to patient regarding billing procedures.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily according to specified clinic standards.
- Complete routine referrals.
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- High School diploma or GED is necessary.
- 3-4 years' clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrated active listening, as well as, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Knowledg of basic medical terminology.
- Prior exeriene performing complex scheduling.
- Familiarity obtaining medical records or professional medical billing.
- Financial counseling experience for healthcare patients.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience working with MiChart.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
This position is located at Michigan House and is part of the MIST Team.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.