- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Nurse Practitioners and Physicians
- Take patient vital signs
- Obtain health status and medical history
- Perform electrocardiogram (EKG), pulse Ox, and glucose testing
- Give immunizations
- Maintain efficient clinic flow in partnership with providers
- Prep for and assist in Bone Marrow Biopsies and Lumbar Punctures
- Request and process medical records and lab results from outside facilities
- Monitor interim labs and call patients with reminders and results
- Draft FMLA and disability paperwork
- Maintain stock levels and order clinic supplies
- High school diploma or GED.
- You are required to have either graduated from a Medical Assistant program OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Associate level: 2+ years of related experience.
- Assistant level: 0-2 years of related experience.
- Certification as a medical assistant.
- Some office experience is desirable.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.