How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Assists senior staff and faculty in the conduct of clinical research projects.
- Extract data (both electronically and manually) from a perioperative anesthesia information system, manipulate data into a form that is able to be entered into a statistical package for analysis
- Screen potential research subjects for various projects
- Approach potential research subjects, explain research protocol, and obtain patient consent for anesthesia related clinical research projects. Must have experience with explaining genetics research to potential research subjects
- Independently perform data collection in the operating and recovery rooms; including but not limited to physiologic data, pain scores, satisfaction questionnaires, and laboratory values. Must be able to integrate the use of a perioperative anesthesia information system into data collection
- Experience with interviewing patients following validated interview techniques
- Create and enter data into an electronic database system. Responsible for developing a data coding system in conjunction with a perioperative anesthesia information system
- Experience with entering patient research data into an electronic data entry system
- Perform basic data analysis and provide data reports to the investigators
- Prepare study folders for research projects to be used for clinical data collection according to the specified research protocol
- Identify and access problems and areas of improvement and report to the investigator
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and as a member of a research team.
- Must have excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints and deadlines.
Clinical research experience.
Experience using MiChart, LabVantage, and Centricity software.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.